Supporting Women and Children of the Hawkesbury Area Since 1983
The Women’s Cottage is a community based support and resource centre, run by women, for women (and their children) who live, work or study in the Hawkesbury Local Government Area and it’s immediate surrounds.
Drop-in or phone-in service is available to access the Women’s Advocacy Violence Emergency (W.A.V.E.) Support Worker.
No appointment is needed for the drop-in service, to access these services women should drop-in or ring within the hours listed above.
See our Group program by clicking Groups under the main menu above.
The Women’s Cottage offers specialist, experienced and skilled support for women who have experienced violence and abuse and a range of other support services including:
- Confidential crisis support and advocacy.
- Case management and referrals.
- Healthy relationship information and safety plans for leaving or living with abuse.
- Emotional & psychological support and preparation for court (we do not offer legal advice).
- Therapeutic, social and interest groups. (for details see Groups under the main menu above).
- A children’s play room
- Activities, courses & information for women & children.
- Safe & experienced child-minding for group participants
- Access to either low cost or free (specialist) counselling services for:
- Women who have experienced an abusive / violent intimate partner relationship
- Women who were sexually abused as a child
- Women who are dealing with difficult life issue
- A venue for women’s groups to meet.
The Women’s Cottage keeps a range of information on a variety of topics including:
- Domestic Violence
- Sexual assault
- Advocacy services
- Children’s services
- Courses & groups
- Women’s Health information, including mental health
- Information on local and regional services